Start 2008 with full on hardware commissioning. Milestones will include:
- Getting the whole ring cold
- Current in all main circuits at the same time
Hardware commissioning hands over to Operations in July: full machine check-out,
LHC prepares for beam
- Closure of the ring for access tests.
- All magnets powered to top energy together.
- All equipement running together - magnets, RF, dumps, beam instrumentation etc.
- First beam into the machine - late July.
- First full turn hopefully shortly after
- First circulating beam - 2 or 3 days later with a bit of luck.
- First collisions at 450 GeV.
- First collisions at 7 TeV - guessing around 2 months after we first get beam.